Our client is an established airline in Oceania with a mixture of the fleet of ATR72-600 and DHC8 aircraft. The airline is the leading operator in the country and currently operates in nearly 30 domestic destinations.
The General Manager Maintenance and Repair Organisation (GM MRO) takes responsibility for the management of all functions within the MRO Engineering Division. This is a full–time management position and should be under CASA.
- Recognizing safety as a core value in all decision-making in the MRO Division.
- Giving leadership and direction to the application of corporate safety and quality integrated management system within the MRO.
- Putting the safety management plan into effect as it applies to the activities conducted in the MRO.
- Taking accountability for identifying causal factors behind failures, determining and implementing corrective and preventative action and controlling risk within the MRO.
- Ensuring all maintenance occurrences are notified to the Safety & Quality Management Group and defect incidents are investigated in the prescribed manner.
- Directing the MRO and efficient use of MRO resources.
- Delivering maintenance in a manner that results in airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft at minimum cost.
- Ensuring all processes, procedures and standards specified in the MOE are adhered
- Setting KPIs for managers
- Ensuring the processes, practices and standards documented in this MOE continue to meet the requirements of the Civil Aviation Rules.
- Liaising with Regional CASA as necessary regarding the provision of maintenance
- Acting as the Control Authority for the MOE
- Air Document and Data Control Manual
- Leading the MRO in line with current best business practice
- Preparing the MRO budget for approval and subsequently controlling the acquittal of the budget.
- High-Level Monthly report outlining the key points for the month, forward plans, and immediate issues at hand.
- Manages and responds for stock levels for Aircraft spares, inventory levels, stock take, and AOGS.
- Hold or have held LAME license.
- Over 10 years of technical and practical experience (hand-on and able to adapt quickly to the work.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Aircraft Engineering.
- Demonstrate clear knowledge and understanding of the maintenance parts of the company’s exposition and the applicable maintenance provisions of CA Rule Part 145 and CA Rule Par 121.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills at all levels.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID19.
- Permanent Contract: Directly Employed by the airline.
- Accommodation + Transport: Provided by the airline
- A smartphone with data is provided for duty.
- Base Salary before tax: AUD150k – AUD170k per annum
- Annual leave: 30 working days
- Sick leave: 9 working days
- Home leave Tickets: 4 economy class
In general, This is a senior management position, which plays a vital role in the airlines success. The person in charge has a wide range of opportunities to demonstrate his leadership and technical skills in one of the leading airlines in the country. The remuneration package can be negotiated and giving the candidate the flexibility to choose between a full-time and a commuting position.
If you see yourself suit the above requirements and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please hit APPLY button.