Our client is a unique, International Air Cargo company in the handling of air and ground logistics as well as aviation services. They are currently seeking to recruit a Chief Operating Officer to join their team in Europe.
The chosen applicant is responsible for the COO of the group.
The primary responsibility is to lead, plan, direct, coordinate, align and oversee Group operations, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future growing needs of the organization. Setting Group standards and procedures aligned with all business units.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is an advantage.
- Proven successful experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant roles.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience as COO in a Global environment.
- A solid knowledge of data analysis and performance.
- Experience in cost and productivity optimization.
- Supply Chain Management experience would be an asset.
- Experience in working for cargo airline /supply chain/ freight forwarders/ Integrators with extensive understanding of modern Cargo Operations, an advantage.
- Knowledge of Road Handling Cargo procedures would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation, equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Be able to quickly diagnose and anticipate operational issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across the group.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Fluent in English. French/German and Hebrew would be an asset.
- Provide strategic direction, leadership, and management of operational activities to meet overall Commercial and Business strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive operational process improvements and system developments, including Group alignments of processes, standards and procedures.
- Ensure safe, punctual, and economic operations of global Ground Operations Logistics and vertical activities within the Group.
- Accountable for the overall profitability of operational activities, whilst developing specifications for operational projects to ensure financial viability.
- Manage, lead and coach a team of high-qualified professionals within the Air Cargo industry.
- Ensure continuous improvement and training to maintain a high level of professionality and efficiency.
- Monitor KPIs and establish corrective measures as required.
- Establish and maintain solid relationships with key customers, stakeholders, and employees.
- Ensure the functioning of the Quality System within Ground Operations and Logistics and Verticals units.
- Salary: up to €180,000 per annum depending on experience
- Relocation package
- Company Car + paid fuel
- Daily free meal at the office
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Assistance with schooling Fees
Interview with HR director
Interview with the group CEO